Australia's PREMIER deer hunting education courses
Herb Marinated BBQ Venison Skews with a Sweet Chilli Flavoured Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
2kg Venison Back strap, cut into 1-inch strips
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1/2 bunch dill
1/2 bunch coriander
1/2 bunch basil
200g sour cream
3 table spoons sweet chilli sauce
3 tsp. flake salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 lemon. lemon juice
extra-virgin olive oil
bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes to stop from burning.
1. In a food processor combine garlic and all the herbs with some salt, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/4 cup olive oil and puree. Set aside.
2. Place the Venison strips in a bowl and cover with herb puree and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Combine Sour cream, sweet chilli sauce and some chopped coriander. Add some salt and black pepper.
4.Remove Venison Strips from fridge and skewer
5. On a hot BBQ cook for 2-3 minutes. Remember Venison is best kept pink in the middle as it can be a little tough if over cooked.
6. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
These tender, beautiful charred skews can be eaten on their own simply dipped into the sour cream dipping sauce or wrapped in a warm pita wrap with crisp fresh lettuce, tomato, red onion and lashings of the creamy sour cream and sweet chilli dipping sauce. The choice is yours!